Saturday 7 March 2015

'All in a Spin' with Dunja Roberts

On Saturday, last week, I attended the Hand Spinning 'from fleece to fibre' beginners course with Dunja Roberts from All in a Spin at Pen Y Caeau Farm in Powys.
I had a fantastic day and I learned a lot!

Dunja with two other participants

A few years  ago my mum came to stay with us and wanted to learn hand spinning, my friend Gertraud lent us a wheel and told us how to use it. I was busy  doing other things and though i loved it i didn't continue until six months ago when i started to spin with a drop spindle. After Christmas, Gertraud, another friend and I decided to meet every week and do spinning together.
 I love it. 
Last Saturday with Dunja was amazing, the course is very well organized and gives a good grounding in hand spinning techniques with an excellent introduction to different kind of fleeces and how to select and care for them.
I have always related fleeces to doll making, children and good weather. 
Now I'm starting to look at them with the eyes of a spinner too.

Wishing you a good day, 

Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking part in my blog.