Tuesday 31 March 2015

5 Mice in a Mouse Box. How did it all started.

A field full of Mice, February 2015
It all started one autumn morning many years ago when I decided to make some mice for our nature table.

First Mice, born many years ago...
Marina and Marta loved them therefore I decide to made some more but this time little ones.
As it happened, these little mice were very happy indeed, sometimes they visited the big ones on the nature table but most of the time they were busy playing with the girls. 
They did everything together.
At that time, Marina had just started Kindergarten and the little mice joined too!
 I guess it felt good to her to  have some friends in her pockets.
One day she showed one of the mice to her teacher, Damian, who was delighted to meet such a sweet and clever little mouse.
 Slowly the other two came out.
 Damian became good friends with the Mice; there were days when one or two (never all), would go to spent the night with him and his family. Always promising that they will be back in the morning. 

One of Marina's mice.

 
They were so delightful, they really became part of our family and our daily routine. 
There are many stories and adventures that we treasure from that time.
And I'm so happy to say that the one above is one of them, she still lives in Marina's dolls house.

These were made by Marina and Marta.


Some time ago while dreaming into what to make for a stall I was having at a Christmas Fair in a Waldorf school I remembered our little friends, the Mice, and how much Marina and Marta played with them and loved them.



I decided to made a family of 5: two big ones and 3 little ones. And what better than a match box with some wool to live in.











I sold all the 5 families I made for the fair very quickly. 
 Children were the ones who bought them which made me feel very happy because i know how much joy they brought to my family.


That summer when I visited my friend Rosa in Spain, I gave her a few mice for her class. She is an amazing teacher already and now she is in her last year of the Waldorf Teacher training course in Madrid.
 
According to her, the children loved the mice. They learnt a lot through looking after and caring for them. They even took them home sometimes to meet their families. 

Many mice have flown to Spain since.
 I take this opportunity to thank everyone who bought them. 
Others went to America, and various places in Europe and of course many stay here in UK.
And I hear it's not always children who have them... 

The Mice are made of fleece wool, 100% felt wool, cotton thread and most of the time alpaca wool for their tails. I take much love and care to bring out the little mouse every time one is born.

If you would like a family, please contact me by email at: appleblossom.dolls@gmail.com
 Thank you.


warm happy wishes, 

Yolanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking part in my blog.