Thursday 19 March 2015

Dolls for Kindergarten

A while ago I was asked to make a couple of dolls for a Waldorf Kindergarten. 
I thought it would probably be a boy and a girl but after a few conversations with the teacher she asked me to make two girls.
 I was so privileged to visit the children, I'd normally come at play time and sit carding some wool, soon enough the helpers would come, many would help me but others loved touching the very soft pure white wool that I took there for them.
 It was a real pleasure for me to listen and see them play. How a woolen sheep could come alive in a second, and princesses and pirates with big sailing boats would manifest in front of me.
The best thing is that they didn't need any complicated equipment for this. Some logs, big pieces of material, a few chairs, a stick and the Ship was there!
I noticed in the class there were a couple of very pale, rosy cheeked, golden haired girls and many with long straight black hair and beautiful different shades of skin.
Here are some pictures of the Dolls and I'm glad to say that very soon the boys will get a Gnome that their KG teacher has knitted for them!












Warmly, 
             Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking part in my blog.