Wednesday 4 February 2015

A Birthday Angel, a Mobile and a Box. A special Celebration


At the end of last year I was asked to make a Birthday Angel, a mobile and a box from where things could come out and it could be used for 'the birthday table'. These were for Lulah, a very special girl who was going to be seven at the end of January.

On New Year's eve, the first conversation between Beth, her mum, and I happened and our creative journey started. 

When I create I find it very important to communicate with my customers, I work closely with them. Everything I create is especially made for them.
These conversations inspire me. My hands and fingers, my needles and thread, my wool, silk, felt, everything comes together for the character to come up. It surprises and amazes me how it happens.
See the pictures
Birthday Angel

  Her hair is made of silk. 

She wears a Red ribbon as it's Lulah's colour.

 

 She has 40 pearls on her dress for Beth and a little bit of pink silk




Creating the mobile was very good fun! We went from having few ideas to having so many that it became something quite big however we managed to find the middle ground and make it especially for Lulah.

We decided to have 7 ribbons with the 7 colours of the rainbow.
 Inside the wreath I was able to put some fairy wool using the same colours.
 Then, 7 things to hang on the ring:
A Dancer,
 Her silk dress in the colours of a Flag,
 A pair of Knitting Needle with some wool and 7 rows with 7 stitches,
 A Star,
 A Rose,
 A beautiful Picture with 3 tiny block crayons
 And a little singing Bird on a branch.

 Everything has a special meaning, everything was thought for Her. 
And from now on something new will be added to it each year.

Here are some pictures
For the box, we got a beautiful big hat box, 2 meters of dark blue satin material which I glued to the inside of the box (only half way).
With that material and the box, Beth was able to create a beautiful base for the birthday table. I haven't got a picture of the box on its own but have a look at it in this picture.

Thank you for reading my blog,
 write to me if you like


Yolanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking part in my blog.